It happens every year at the beginning of the holiday season. Clients start to ask, "Isn't the holiday season a bad time for job hunting? Shouldn't I just wait until January"? My answer is always the same; "No, keep looking". Here's why.
1. Since it's a common misconception that December is a bad time of year, many people stop looking. That reduces your competition!
2. Many companies are on a calendar year for budgets, meaning new positions have been budgeted for, and may be opening, early in the new year. That means they will be recruiting now.
3. Imagine how diligent you'll look continuing your search while most people take the month off.
4. Work is slower during the holidays and many people stay close to home, so hiring managers will be easier to reach for those all-important informational interviews.
5. It's a great time to network! You're going to be socializing anyway, so use the opportunity to spread the word about your job search and seek opportunities to connect, or reconnect, with others.
6. You'll keep your momentum up and running. Taking time off means you've got to ramp up all over again in January.
Keep it up, keep moving ahead, keep connecting. You'll stand out from the crowd and land a job sooner than the rest!
Don't wait. Get started on your dreams now. Book your complimentary 15 minute consult with Andrea now.
Andrea's passion is to see you achieve your professional dreams. Whether you are a corporate leader seeking leadership development for your employees or an individual seeking guidance in building your career or preparing for retirement, she will coach you to success.