The first thing people often ask me is what I do; how I work with them to help land that next great job. Whether you work with me, or on your own, these are the steps - IN ORDER - that you need to follow. Following all of these, and following through, will help ensure you find that next opportunity sooner.
1. RESUME You need a resume that speaks strongly about your track record and the skills and accomplishments you bring to your work so it stands out to potential employers.
2. LINKEDIN PROFILE Your LinkedIn profile is the most important way to attract the attention of recruiters and potential employers. You need to represent yourself in a way that speaks to where you want to be. LinkedIn is also a powerful networking tool if you know how to use it.
3. STRATEGIC NETWORKING When you are in search of a new job, you become project manager, sales person, and marketing professional with YOU as the product. It's key to understand your unique value and who (and how) to talk to and get the word out and gather information about potential employers.
4. INTERVIEWING Your resume got you in the door. Now, you need to demonstrate why you ARE the right solution for the problem they are looking to solve. You do that by having great stories to tell that demonstrate past successes, doing your research to understand the business, and being confident!
5. NEGOTIATING You've done it! You received an offer! And here's the good news - It's ok to negotiate! Remember that 'value' I mentioned above in networking? That comes into play again when you receive your offer.
Yes, there is a lot to learn and do to successfully launch a job search campaign. But with self-reflection, authenticity, homework and the right approach, you can do it! Best of luck to you!
Not sure how to get started or what to do next? Andrea can help you. Schedule a complimentary 15 minute call today to discuss how she can help accelerate your job search.
Ready to get started putting your dreams into action? Book a complimentary 15 minute consult call now.