Ok, yes, it's summertime. The living is easy, the sun is shining and there are vacations and fun to be had. But wait. Weren't you just thinking last month that it was time to find a new job? Don't let the fun of summer distract you from improving your life. Why not take advantage of this time of year and keep up your job search. I've been working with clients for years and have seen plenty of people land great jobs during the Summer months. Here are a few reasons.
1. Yes, work slows down a little for most people. And, that means things are a bit relaxed and that hiring manager you wanted to meet with for an informational interview might just be more available, and more willing to spend time with you.
2. If there is a necessary vacant position, the company will continue to seek to fill it. Many jobs don't go on Summer hiatus and the need to fill it remains high.
3. Things are a little quieter at your job, lots of people are away on vacation, making it a little easier for you to get away from the job to conduct your search.
4. Plenty of people take the Summer off from job hunting. Take advantage of the fact there is less competition, and stand out in a smaller crowd.
4. And don't forget all those parties and bbqs that are so plentiful in the Summer. Use those opportunities to network. You never know who's going to show up that might be a great connection to a new job.
So, yes, by all means, take advantage of the sun and fun of summertime, but keep the job search active. You'll stand out from a much smaller crowd, and come fall when the weather turns, you might just find yourself in a new job that you love!
Andrea's passion is to see you achieve your dreams. Whether you are a corporate leader seeking leadership development for your employees or an individual seeking life and career changes, she will coach you to success.